CENGN is on the lookout for our next set of commercialization acceleration projects!
Successful projects will receive commercialization support equivalent to $50,000 – $100,000
CENGN and our members will technically and financially support projects to commercialize promising technology originating in research institutions, start-ups and SMEs. We are committed to removing the barriers to commercialization, accelerating product introduction and reducing product development time and costs. CENGN members have a proven track record in commercialization – they are putting both their expertise and equipment on the table to ensure the projects they support are successful.
(click on an area for examples)
- Orchestration: Transient demand/elastic scale, Dynamic security, Network/Service optimization, Bandwidth on demand, Energy management/green networking, Disaster recovery, Automatic fault recovery, Intelligent service chaining, Dynamic overlays, Policy-based Network App distribution
- NfV: Virtualized networks services apps: Disaggregation of routing, firewall, path control, PKI, IPSec, UC, predictive network behaviour analytics with Service Chaining.
- Rich-feature CPE and vCPE – methods of deployment and operations
- Business application requiring changes on the network (bandwidth, class of service, latency based path changes) using SDN functionality.
- Application awareness on the network; optimization of end-user services by inspecting, transforming, prioritizing, and routing application traffic
- Real-time end to end intelligent performance monitoring and reporting from the network to the application layer.
- Packet Optical integration in the multi-vendor environment with the future enablement of the SDN capabilities.
- Network requirements (connectivity, security, bandwidth, latency etc) in the areas of healthcare, education, energy etc
- Smart Buildings/Smart Campus/Smart Cities applications/integration controlled by single remote central location
- Technology applications and services: smart grid/energy, smart retail, smart transportation
- Cloud-based application – User to Cloud and Cloud to Cloud
- Stitching multiple Clouds (public, private, hybrid) together requiring the same consistent security policy throughout requiring QoS and analytics.
- Cloud Computing and Sustainability:
- Virtual HPC architectures on the Cloud: techniques for a sustainable implementation and deployment.
- Cloud Composition, Federation, and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Dynamic run-time adaptation for heterogeneous cloud platforms
- Data Flow Management and Load Balancing
- Benchmarking and Modeling cloud sustainability in several aspects (applications, frameworks, IaaS, etc.).
- Quantum Computing as a Service and projection of 2020 if we are going to see a transition from x86 / CPU / GPU Platforms to Quantum elastic platform, so the future of x86 / commodity hardware or large scale HPC (Multi-GPU)
- Potential review of Abstract translation from x86 Instruction framework to HyperFORM (not hypervisor) that will transform application form it is current written x86 form to enable them and abstract them across GPU and Quantum “QUBITS”
- Hadoop distributed implementation (setting / managing Hadoop cluster)
- Cloud abstraction layer automation using Puppet or Chef
- CUDA on Hadoop architecture for high performance computing
- Map-Reduce data computing with Hadoop and MongoDB
- L1-L3 relevant hardware/software
- Big-data analytics approaches to IPS and IDS; Cloud-based IPS/IDS innovations; Data Leakage Prevention; Managing and deploying Distributed Security Policies to enable enterprises to move to multiple (100’s, 1000’s) of internet touch points (instead of 1 internet edge like today)
- NGFW IDS and IPS – prevention of complex hacking and malware attacks on cloud services and data in transit and data at rest
- Network Automation: Agents/software for self-organizing networks, Automatic network overlay and underlay establishment over any access type (i.e WAN virtualization)
- Applications requiring Managed WiFi with advanced analytics enabling real time decision making
- Development of WebRTC service
- APIs / gateway services to telecom networks
- Native browser-to-browser communications
- Implementation of ENUM services for WebRTC applications
- Development of IP Multimedia Sub-system (IMS) networking models for wireless and wireline providers
- Bi-lateral and multilateral IMS network-network interconnections (NNI)
- Supporting third-party cloud-provided services over NNIs to 4G and wired ethernet endpoints
- Regulatory and business research into sustainable and competitive business models
- Mobile backhaul, WiFi, small cell
All submissions will be subject to review by CENGN members, partners and select experts. Successful candidates will be notified to complete a full project proposal. Any questions please contact Kelly.Daize@cengn.ca
FYI: The system will allow you to start and save your submission
physical and virtual multi-vendor commercialization, test, certification, and validation platform networked with state of the art capability.
to a world class platform for validating advanced products, applications, and services.
by developing talent, catalyzing new and attracting investment into Canada.