7 Bayview Station Road
ON K1Y 2C5
Through a partnership between CENGN, the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks, Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE), and Invest Ottawa, the Next Generation Network Program (NGNP) supports the development and implementation of ultra-high-speed digital infrastructure to interconnect digital innovation hubs within Ontario, support small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) proof-of-concept projects and access technical and business support personnel and services.
On September 26th, 2019, CENGN and OCE invite you to join us at Invest Ottawa to learn more about the benefits and offerings of NGNP! This session will explain how your growing tech business can leverage CENGN’s commercial-grade network infrastructure and technical expertise to commercialize your products and solutions, with special emphasis on how CENGN can help your company overcome scaling obstacles.
Shahzad Khan, CTO & President of Gnowit, will be joining us to discuss his company’s journey with overcoming scaling challenges and successfully preparing the product for growth. Gnowit is a a global media intelligence company that provides smart, on-demand media intelligence for industry and governments leaders.
Discussion topics will include:
- How the NGNP can help you prepare for a push to market;
- What constitutes an appropriate CENGN project, with specific examples of past projects;
- How to get started and what to expect along the way;
- Up to $50 000 in funding available for companies to carry out a project;
- CANARIE’s scale-up path; and
- Gnowit’s journey to scale-up and commercialization.
One-on-one meetings will be available after the event and will be scheduled on a first-come first-serve basis. You will receive an email with additional details upon signing up.
Who Should Attend?
In order to qualify for the NGNP, participants must:
- Be a Canadian technology company or wholly-owned Canadian subsidiary;
- Have fewer than 500 employees; and
- Have products and services at the innovation and development phase.
Please be advised that this event is for SMEs, start-ups and academia only. Organizations that do not fit the above criteria will be removed from the event.
- Introduction: Tim Warland, Manager of Venture Programs of Invest Ottawa
- CENGN Overview and Scaling Projects: Alex Edwards, Business Engineering Manager of CENGN
- CANARIE – A Scaleup Path: Tom Vitez, Sr Director Technology Innovation, CANARIE
- Scaling Gnowit’s On-Demand Media Intelligence SaaS Platform: Shazad Khan, President & CTO of Gnowit
- OCE and NGNP Program: Chris Ritchie, Business Development Manager of OCE
- One-on-One Sessions: Interested parties will be able to book one-on-one sessions with Invest Ottawa, OCE, CANARIE, and CENGN team members following the session
We hope to see you all there!
Invest Ottawa: https://www.investottawa.ca/
To learn more about completing a CENGN project and to read about successfully completed CENGN projects, please visit: https://www.cengn.ca/projects/
Interested in this event? Register today!