We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN’s) Training team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Training Programs, the Cloud Network Training Engineer will design, develop and deliver high-impact, hands-on training workshops focused on cutting edge networking topics to IT professionals at various career stages. Workshops may also include technology overviews for business leaders. Training will be delivered face-to-face and online through virtual classroom platforms. The Cloud Network Training Engineer will also develop exam questions to validate learner knowledge and skills, as well as self-paced learning objects. The position will require 10-15% travel, primarily within Canada.
- Demonstrate and articulate in depth understanding of new technologies
- Stay up-to-date with industry training best practices
- Demonstrate practical problem-solving skills working in an cloud networking lab environment
- Work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to design learning paths and training needs assessments
- Create detailed learning objectives for training workshops
- Develop and maintain workshop content, using existing documentation or your own research
- Develop quizzes to validate learner knowledge and skills
- Publish student and instructor material according to requested delivery mode formats
- Conduct periodic reviews of workshops and quizzes for accuracy, currency and relevancy
- Deliver CENGN-branded and selected partner-branded training to internal and external audiences
- Manage training participants in both ILT and VLT delivery formats
- Direct and assist learners during hands-on activities
- Collect course feedback data from training participants
View full job description: Cloud Network Training Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join CENGN’s Customer Solutions Engineering team.
Customer Solutions Engineers (CSEs) play a pivotal role as the delivery engine of CENGN. They possess a core set of practical skills in networking and computing technology, which they then apply to help a wide range of Canadian tech companies design and execute projects on the CENGN infrastructure.
The CSE role is multi-faceted. On any given day, the CSE may hold responsibility to:
- Work directly with a new customer to deeply understand their problems and goals, and then, in consideration of CENGN’s platform capabilities, advise the customer on the design of a project that best meets those goals.
- Translate the high-level project design, architecture and requirements into a precise specification of the hardware and software technologies and network architecture required for the project.
- Working with CENGN’s infrastructure engineering team, commission the base system resources required for a project.
- Undertake the implementation work to create the environment that the customer needs for the project. For example, installation and configuration of: VLANs, operating systems, virtualization environments, traffic generators, performance monitors, etc.
- Provide hands-on technical support and best-practices advice to the customer while they undertake their project.
- If a project surfaces a potential technical issue with CENGN’s underlying infrastructure, work directly with the infrastructure engineering team to triage the problem, while maintaining clear and open communication with the customer.
- Report weekly to CENGN’s management on the project’s technical status, progress, and issues.
- Write concise post-project reports for internal record-keeping purposes.
- Deliver project briefings to the CENGN marketing team and advise them on how best to articulate the project in non-technical terms for case studies that are published publicly.
View full job description: Customer Solutions Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for CENGN’s Finance Team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the candidate will be accountable to champion a variety of accounting functions.
- Ownership of the in-kind recording, reconciliation and eligibility for matching
- Responsible in part for end of month closing procedures related to project expense and revenue tracking (accruals, allocations, and deferred revenue);
- Prepare daily transactions, month-end entries and account reconciliations
- Monitors actuals and forecasts against budgets for all departments on a monthly basis
- Leads funding claims data gathering and organization
- Thorough understanding of the various contribution agreements and expense eligibility
- Assist with data maintenance
- Assist with implementation and testing of new systems and processes
- Assists external auditors at year end as needed
- Special projects as required
View full job description: Financial Analyst
We are seeking a highly skilled individual for the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN)’s Project Management Office. Reporting to the Project Management Team Lead, the candidate is responsible for planning and executing CENGN’s projects in a very dynamic environment with emerging network technologies. In this role, the Project Manager will work closely with the CENGN team and the wider CENGN ecosystem including Members, Partners and Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to plan and execute a number of projects. The role will require management of the operations of the projects and to provide necessary frameworks, reporting and controls to ensure successful execution.
- Establish and maintain relationships with CENGN customers including SMEs, Members, Partners and other external project teams
- Identify, analyze and report trends or patterns in complex data sets to drive business decisions
- Leverage opportunities to define and drive new process improvements
- Engage project stakeholders by clearly communicating and managing expectations throughout the project lifecycle
- Plan, organize and direct all activities as required for the full implementation of project goals and objectives
- Manage multiple projects in parallel, requiring tracking and planning both people and platform resources thus ensuring resource availability and allocation for each project
- Identify and report resource utilization on a weekly basis while flagging limitations
- Collaborate with Customer Solution Engineering team to ensure project success
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Conduct retrospective meetings to contribute to the continuous evolution of process efficiency and follow through on open action items
- Build and provide the necessary reporting (schedule, time-tracking, status, risks etc.) to executives and project members
- Coordinate requirement discussions internally and manage interdisciplinary dependencies within CENGN
- Leverage Agile methodology and principles to manage the projects
View full job description: Project Manager
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN’s) Business Development and Marketing team. Reporting to the VP, Business Development and Marketing, the candidate will serve as a point of contact and authority for the department ensuring optimal service to CENGN’s customer base, which includes government funders, CENGN Members, enterprises and service providers as well as Small Medium Enterprises whose products and services CENGN helps to commercialize.
The role will necessitate a mix of strategy, sales account management, business development and a strong network of industry contacts. The ideal candidate will also have a strong technology background combined with an advanced business skillset, preferably having worked at a company focused on advanced networking.
- Identify local, provincial and federal government funding programs, and champion proposal submissions to support CENGN programs, projects, students and members
- Strategize, identify and assist with generating revenue for CENGN services including testing, consulting, and training
- Manage and facilitate value for current industrial and academic members and partners
- Maintain significant independent contact with a wide variety of stakeholders, locally and nationally
- Identify, recruit and foster strategic alliances with potential industrial and academic members
- Produce and deliver customized technical presentations to illustrate CENGN value proposition
- Participate in local, national and international events focused on building the CENGN brand, recruiting new members, partners, SME affiliates and clients for CENGN services
View full job description: Senior Business Development Manager