CENGN is always looking for Canada’s most innovative students!
Become a CENGN Student
Every year we bring in approximately 40 of Canada’s most tech-savvy students in the fields of project management, marketing and engineering.
Be part of ensuring that Canada is a global leader in the commercialization of next generation technologies. CENGN is the place to gather real world experience, make an impact, and geek out on cutting-edge technology. CENGN strives to grow a talent pool that is second to none, we are always looking for Canada’s best co-ops, interns and talent.
Work on Leading Technologies on our Unique Multi-Vendor Platform
CENGN is an independent and internationally recognized testing center employing interoperability between software, hardware and a multitude of products from many different vendors. Our unique multivendor physical and virtualized lab enables companies to test and validate the new and emerging software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) technologies, applications and services before moving them to production.
The positions listed below are for the Summer 2019 term.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN’s) Engineering team for a 4-month co-op term. This individual will start the term through a bootcamp to learn the latest in cloud technologies like (OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes), next generation networking principles (software defined networking) and general professional and collaboration skills. Upon completion of this bootcamp, the student will attempt the CENGN’s certification.
- Collaborate in a professional manner among a team of experienced engineers
- Contribute to technical projects led by CENGN engineering team in the area of next generation cloud systems, cloud and Internet networking, security and high-speed wireless technology
- Demonstrate and articulate in depth understanding of new technologies both internally to CENGN team members as well as externally to CENGN members and partners
- Support presentations with CENGN engineering team at public events like meetups and other technical forums.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN’s) Training department for a 4-month co-op term. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Training Programs, the Cloud Technology Research student will assist with creating CENGN’s technical training content. The student will also participate in technical projects associated to CENGN Members and Partners as well as helping implement new CENGN services supporting the Small Medium Enterprise projects in a wide variety of next generation technologies. This individual will start the term through a Boot Camp to learn the latest in cloud technologies (such as OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes), next generation networking principles (Software Defined Networking) and general professional and collaboration skills. Upon completion of this Boot Camp, the student will attempt CENGN’s certification exam.
- Collaborate in a professional manner among a team of experienced engineers and trainers
- Investigate and document Next Generation Network technologies, such as cloud systems, software defined networking, security, high-speed wireless and open source technologies
- Demonstrate and articulate in depth understanding of these technologies both internally to CENGN team members as well as externally to CENGN members and partners
- Create effective training materials based on NGN technologies
- Update existing materials according to CENGN’s standardized templates
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure training content is relevant for its target audience
- Write clear instructions for lab processes or lab training exercises
- Assist in the development of assessment instruments
- Support CENGN Academy training events
- Contribute to technical projects in NGN technologies as led by CENGN’s engineering team
- Support presentations at public events like meetups and other technical forums
- Other duties as required
View full job description: Cloud Technology Research Student
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the student contributes to the rigorous reporting and accurate recording of all company transactions and proper storing of records. They will also assist in identifying ways to become more efficient and cost effective. At the completion of the term, the student in this role will be able to leverage professional accounting practices.
- Fulfill the co-op role in Finance, Accounting and Administration teams
- Assist the team with projects, tasks and ad-hoc requests
- Be flexible and have a positive attitude in approaching all duties and assignments
- Respond to queries in a timely and professional manner
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
View full job description: Finance Specialist Student
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the student will support CENGN’s growing workforce internally. The student assists in the development and updates of internal policies while conducting research to keep current on employment best practices. At the completion of the term, the student in this role will be able to communicate HR standards and practices with senior level staff.
- Prepares and researches reports, supports letters and briefings as required
- Assists with personnel logistics maintaining strict confidentiality
- Provides support to the Executive Leadership Team and Human Resources as required
- Receives and interacts with incoming visitors
- Assist Human Resources Manager with recruiting initiatives
- Conduct research and analysis to assist with new projects and policies
View full job description: HR Admin Specialist Student
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the student contributes to the on-going development of the corporate marketing strategy. By assisting in the creation and edit of website content, participating in the development and production of key marketing and promotional collateral, and researching statistics to support the creation of marketing collateral, the students supports the organization with marketing communications services and best practices. At the completion of the term, the student in this role will be able to manage events for the networking community and work cross-functionally with industry marketing departments utilizing learned best practices.
- Create and edit website content
- Manage events for the networking community and CENGN as well as support the organization’s presence at events around the globe
- Develop promotional materials for CENGN projects with small and medium enterprises
- Participate in the development and production of key marketing collateral
- (e.g. presentations, e-collateral, pamphlets, promotional flyers, videos etc.)
- Support the organization with marketing communications services and best practices
- Participate in social media activities and help keep CENGN’s brand current and engaging
- Liaise with and actively manage relationships with suppliers for marketing materials
- Research statistics to support the creation of marketing collateral
- Contribute to the on-going development of the corporate marketing strategy
- Work cross-functionally with our partners’ marketing departments for all CENGN’s external communication needs including newsletters, case studies, website, blog and much more
View full job description: Marketing Specialist Student
We are seeking highly skilled and motivated individuals to join CENGN’s Solutions Engineering team for a 4-month Co-op term. The Solutions Engineering team is responsible for advising and supporting Canadian tech startups as they execute projects on the CENGN infrastructure. Projects at CENGN range from proof of concepts, to technology validations, to complex scaling tests, each involving an exciting mix of hardware and software technologies.
- Working with startups to understand their business needs and design technical projects accordingly
- Provisioning, configuring, and customizing cloud environments in which to run projects
- Advising and supporting startups as they execute their projects
- Post-project system decommissioning
- Creating project reports and presentations, and delivering them other teams within CENGN
View full job description: Solutions Engineering Student
The CENGN Student Experience
CENGN Students Talk
“I have been given an opportunity to build a next-generation network, from the ground up, that will be the base for developing and testing so many leading-edge technologies from really cool companies across Canada – it’s really exciting!”
– Ochuko, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Former Engineering COOP Student)
“As an undergraduate student with little experience in networking, my first few weeks at CENGN have been largely exciting. CENGN’s student training has felt both challenging and rewarding, while also allowing myself to explore and preview material I have not seen in school yet. The work environment is youthful and positive. All in all, I’m excited to continue my CO-OP term at CENGN!”
– Arthur, Engineering COOP Student
“Our training course gave me a huge chunk of knowledge on SND/NFV, it was also really helpful that I could see what other people had done in their previous projects. Everyone here is incredibly welcoming and helpful, even if they’re busy they find time to help me with any problem areas or answer my inquires. I love how connected we are as a team. CENGN promotes the best work environment balance between work and fun; I’ve truly become friends with my coworkers.”
– Ren, Engineering COOP Student
CENGN is in a unique position to deliver a training program that offers you the knowledge and skills on the latest technologies in next generation networking and the Information Communications Technology (ICT) sector.