PHAROS LABS IN THE NEXT GENERATION NETWORK LANDSCAPE
Pharos is a NFV testing infrastructure of community labs around the world. These labs are designed for hosting continuous integration, deployment, and testing of the OPNFV platform. The diversity of perspectives across developers, users and vendors participating in these labs is critical to the success of the OPNFV platform. Using Kontron SYMKLOUD converged infrastructure platforms, CENGN and OPNFV have built and are hosting Canada’s first Pharos community test lab at CENGN in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Pharos lab will run different cloud environments and offer performance measurement capabilities as well as functional NFV testing. Moreover, the lab will be used to ensure OPNFV applicability across architectures, environments and vendors, as well as create robust and interoperable technology releases.
- The Pharos Project includes 11 existing member company labs spanning North America, Europe and Asia
- The Linux Foundation hosts an OPNFV infrastructure lab used primarily for continuous integration (CI), build and release
- Pharos was instrumental for deployment and testing of both OPNFV’s Arno and Brahmaputra releases.
PHAROS PROJECT GOALS:
- Facilitate collaborative testing across scenarios that conform to a baseline OPNFV specification (compute, network and storage requirements)
- Provide developers with substantial resources for early testing within realistic NFV environments via an open, consistent, repeatable test domain
- Help ensure OPNFV applicability across architectures, environments and vendors through a collection of diverse labs and a broad range of hardware
- Help create more robust, interoperable releases
CENGN Pharos Lab
- First POD is built with Kontron SYMKLOUD MS2910 Platform
- Openstack configuration: HA with 3 Control Nodes + 2 Compute Nodes
- SSH-based access to CENGN environment + Jumpserver for Pharos POD (Installer, Jenkins slave etc)
- Brahmaputra Release NFVi deployment with JOID (Juju OPNFV Infrastructure Deployer)
- Verification using Project FUNCTEST scripts